You Voted & Message Delivered
Reproductive rights were on every ballot across Illinois yesterday and pro-choice voters showed up to make it a winning message in so many critical races targeted by Personal PAC. Here’s what we and you did:
- Not a single State Representative or State Senator running for re-election, and who voted for HB 40, failed to win re-election. Voting for HB 40 was a winner 100% of the time!
- Pro-choice leader JB Pritzker will be the next Governor of Illinois and will be joined by Juliana Stratton as our next Lt. Governor.
- Kwame Raoul will be our next Attorney General and will put his decade of pro-choice leadership to work for ALL women, regardless of age, source of health insurance or geography.
- We picked up at least five pro-choice seats in the Illinois House, possibly 6,7 +. Pro-choice Mary-Edly Allen in HD 51 (Lake County) is down ONE vote, Yes, down ONE vote against anti-choice crazy Helene Miller Walsh. More ballots need to be counted. Stay tuned. Yes, every vote does count!
- State Rep. Katie Stuart defeated former State Rep.—women who use birth control are “promiscuous”— Dwight Kay.
- We picked up three, possibly four + Illinois Senate seats.
- We were fully engaged in two Cook County Commissioner races and we won both. We are now down to one anti-choice Cook County Commissioner out of 17.
- WE DEFEATED STATE REP. PETER BREEN with Terra Costa Howard (Glen Ellyn)—the Peter Breen who filed the lawsuit against HB 40 and authored the bill (HB 4114) to repeal HB 40. I haven’t added up the bills yet, but we spent +/- $300,000 on this race alone over the past year and it was worth every penny of it.
- Another two of the solid five + pro-choice House victories can be found in the defeat of anti-choice leader State Rep. Sheri Jesiel (HD 61) and anti-choice leader State Rep. Christine Winger (HD 45), both of whom are co-sponsors of Breen’s HB 40 repeal bill (HB 4114). Pro-choice leaders Joyce Mason (Gurnee) and Diane Pappas (Itasca) respectively sent Jesiel and Winger into retirement.
- We put the anti-choice members of the Illinois General Assembly and all other candidates for public office on notice: It’s pro-choice or no choice!
- We broke the bank doing all of the above and ask that you make one more contribution to our important work so we can keep fighting for reproductive rights! Our right-wing anti-choice opponents NEVER give up and we can’t either.
Always in Choice (no exceptions, ever!),
President & CEO